Back to school. Cleaning out closets to find the fall clothes that the kids haven't outgrown, setting alarm clocks for the entire family and creating the fire drill that is known as "the bus is coming!"
September is also start up time for many service clubs and organizations to kick back into full gear now that members and volunteers are no longer on vacation. Time is at a premium--there's just so much to get done--and a limited number of free hours left after soccer games, football games, band practice and church committees.
For the Chamber, September is turbo charge time. With so much happening here's a quick reference check list to help you navigate.
1. Register to attend the Chamber's Annual Meeting Breakfast
This morning event is a fun membership appreciation event. A great opportunity to network over a gourmet breakfast buffet at Oakhurst! THURSDAY September 26, 2013 7:30 am
2. Sign up to volunteer at Taste of Clarkston. Shifts run as early as 6 a.m. and as late as 8 pm. Give 2-3 hours, wear your business logo shirt and connect with other business leaders while you serve the community.
3. Get your registration in for the November EXPO. Earlybird discount registration is going on now--Save money by planning ahead.
4. Get your registration in for the October Bulls Eye Business Conference. Three keynote speakers will be at this multi-chamber event at the end of October. The agenda includes networking time--so you get the most out of this event.
5. Update your chamber profile at www.clarkston.org. You can include a current photo, company logo, list of services, discounts and member to member offers when you log in to Members Only.
And take heart. It does get better once we move into October. The routine of a carefully scheduled family calendar starts to sink in--and we get an extra hour when daylight savings time changes.